Friday, May 29, 2009

Flabbergasted

That is the only word I can use to describe how I feel right now. I was just given the information from someone important to me in my life that someone in their life, essentially hates me. Not just dislikes me, but actually hates me, and in hearing their conversation relayed to me, she is actually hateful towards me. For what you might ask? For being friends with him. She is no one to me, I owe her nothing, no loyalty, no friendship, no support, and certainly no respect. But this bothers me, this chafes. I have to let it go, but the fact that this is just one more person in a long line of frickin' women who feel this way is just mind boggling to me. What is frustrating is hearing how my actions and behaviors that are intended to be presented and taken one way, in a very real and genuine sense (i.e. being nice to her and reaching out to her because I know she is important to my friend) was taken as me "f***in with her" and trying to manipulate her. She saw me trying to arrange to sit next to her to make her feel welcome as a maneuver to keep her from talking to someone else. Because of her insecurities and beliefs that I am out to "get" her man (and every other one out in the world apparently) that I must also be jealous of every interaction she has with my friends (of course this is just her projecting her feelings onto me...hate that). Luckily, while I do suffer with some "self" stuff, I don't suffer to the point of such extreme insecurity and ridiculous thought processes as she does. She said I "break up relationships everywhere" So hurtful, and so untrue, and yet she isn't the first, nor will she be the last I suppose. But as much as I don't want it to, or as much as I try to pretend it doesn't, it really bothers me. Because these women who don't like me, simply don't like me because I am another girl...not because they have taken the time to get to know me, and then decide I am not who they want in their lives. That would make more sense, I am more okay with that. I know I can't make everyone happy and I know not everyone is going to like me, truly I know and accept that. But to have such strong negative feelings towards me without even knowing who I am, what makes me me, that all I am is a threat of some kind, and of course this threat is imagined. It has been every time. I realize now that this has been an issue for quite some time and has created significant amounts of wreckage starting back with my relationship with my brother in law. This of course made me realize even more that this is why I gravitate towards guys, which of course in turn, only adds to the issue. Women are so much drama, and their insecurities only radiate out to affect those around them (this is precluding all of you ladies who are important to me and know you are!). It is such a deeply frustrating issue, and one that is so ridiculous that I am as I stated above, just...flabbergasted that not only does it exist, but that it continues to exist in my life, and continues to plague me. Not simply skirt around the edges of my life and then bounce off in a different direction...but actually plagues me. I just want some peace. Please.

No comments: