Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gratitude List

1. My incredible and wonderful family who are always supportive and loving and wise
2. My husband who is always willing to make me quesadillas, go along with my crazy ideas, lets me be me, who has the same twisted sense of humor, the guy I want with me at all times so that when someone makes me think of one of our private jokes, he is there to laugh with me.
3. My insanely great friends, some whom I have had for 16 years, some much less but it feels like a lifetime. Ones I can always run to when I need them, ones that make me laugh every time, ones that can get to me like no one else can, ones who understand even my darkest side because they struggle with it too.
4. My three furbabies who are always good for a snug, are so soft, very entertaining, and I love to bury my face in their bellies and just cuddle
5. My home that, while I do not love cleaning it, I love coming home to it
6. Walks on warm summer evenings
7. The fact that no matter how human I am, God still loves me and extends grace
8. My church - it is different, and can be immensely frustrating, but they are genuine in their desire to draw others closer to God, dedicated in their pursuit for honest and nonmanipulative teachings of who God is and what we are to do with that knowledge, and the ability one can have to be totally honest about the shadow self without fear of hypocrisy, but knowing everyone in the church has been there and won't pretend they haven't.
9. My ability to use my knowledge in the field of addiction to hopefully help others struggling
10. My Pilota (my car, I love that thing!)
11. my ability after so much time in pain and barely being able to stand, I am now able to run 5 times a week and even do weights without my joints failing me. Thank you accupuncture and Camille Vardy!
12. Dr. Karen Purcell - no success yet, but lots of kindness, and professionalism, and desire for to us be successful.
13. Reading a really great historical fiction novel
14. My own recovery and the ups and downs, and everything I have learned about God and myself
15. The fact that even though I don't really like the actual city, Livermore still holds a level of comfort for me because of those still living there.
16. Camping!
17. My little goddaughter Scarlett. Holding her makes everything okay again
18. My delicious bed and its down comforter from Switzerland.
19. The fact that the forest and the ocean are only 8 minutes away from me
20. Starbucks. Nuff said. :)
21. Amazing memories - I don't want those to ever go away, wonder how I can work that out
22. Despite my issues with it - the foundation that my old church and youth leader gave me that have propelled me to where I am today in my faith and ministry
23. My weekly dinners with Sara/Kevin and Jenny/Josh
24. My relationships with the kids in my youth group - they can be infuriating at times, but I love those kids
25. Anything that makes me laugh more than just a giggle - who doesn't love a really good laugh?

2 comments:

Amber said...

great idea...i think i might do this on my blog. good read.

rhsnippet said...

thanks! sometimes when i spend too much time in my head, doing something like this pulls me out of it, and helps me reevaluate a little!